Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hello, Little Birdie!



My dear friend, Estelle, recently welcomed her first child into the world. I was honored to create custom birth announcements for the arrival of her sweet little boy. She and her husband settled on this design, with bold, playful birds on apple green paper accompanied by a lively turquoise vine. Because Estelle also happens to be French, we had two versions, where I could switch out the turquoise elements for each language but keep the brown plate the same. The tall, flat announcement was mailed in a clear vellum envelope, with just a hint of the exciting news showing through.

4 comments:

  1. Oh hooray for Estelle! I bet he's adorable. And this is of course amazing Christy. I like the line weaving around the birds, such a nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather! Maybe Sonam will be your student in a couple of years... And thank YOU Christy for your amazing talent and generosity. These announcements are one-of-a-kind; we LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. between the good news and the beautiful design, my mailbox hadn't been so happy in weeks! now i'm crossing my fingers and hoping you'll send out another announcing the arrival of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!
    You are so creative. This is very pretty and playful! And turquoise is my favorite colour.

    ReplyDelete