Friday, January 2, 2009

Out With the Old, In With the New

It's that time again, to take stock of the past year, and set goals for the next. As usual, my list of ideas to complete this year is daunting and always growing, but also exciting. I hope to share some more items very soon, including some sweet new pieces for Valentine's day.

In the meantime, I wanted to share some work by friends of mine with you. Each is a woman I admire, who inspires me, and encourages me. I'm privileged to have found such talented, kindred spirits.

Aimee Dolich, an all-around charming artist, has recently opened an Etsy shop where she's selling prints of her wonderful, witty "doodles" that are way more than just doodles. Visit her blog here, and her shop here.

My letterpress chum, Anne Hollond, has also recently opened an Etsy shop where she's selling her fabulous vinyl and oilcloth creations. They're funky and functional, and oh-so-cool. Visit her shop here. I'll write more about our letterpress adventures soon.

I've mentioned Heather Smith Jones before on my other blog, but she's constantly amazing me with new work, so it's time to check out her shop again, which now also includes letterpress work in addition to her ethereal paintings and drawings. Also, she and Alicia have just started a new year of The Noticing Project. Visit her blog here, and her shop here. I also owe her a big thank you for her mention here before the holidays. Thanks again, Heather. :)

Happy New Year, everyone. May it be everything you hope for and more.

2 comments:

  1. it looks like you already have some beautiful pieces for valentines day over there in your photos. :)

    thank you for this mention!
    and i know aimee is such an inspiration, she makes me smile every time!
    now, i'm off to see anne's new shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the mention, christy :)

    ReplyDelete